[nagdu] Living in the country and NFB convention

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Fri Jul 3 15:22:08 UTC 2015

Ummm? Debbie,  I'm confused again.  I never said my dream was to move to the
country.  I said what I'd really like is a couple of acres and a house on
the edge of town.  Jeeze  I can walk 6 blocks from where I am now and be in
the perfect location.  6 blocks doesn't seem to be too much to add to my
walk time to the downtown area.

And yes, I am an adult and understand the dangers of greeting random
strangers on country roads.    I've lived in large cities and I know exactly
what I'm trading in.  I'm glad to do it.

I think blindness does present some extra concerns, no matter where we
choose to live, but I also believe that if I live in fear of what might
happen, then no matter where I live I will never be happy or free in my
soul.  We all have to walk our own path. all those paths don't look exactly
the same, go in the same direction and some are pretty rough, doesn't mean I
am on the wrong one though.

Julie
Courage to Dare: A Blind Woman's Quest to Train her Own Guide Dog is now
available! Get the book here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QXZSMOC