[nagdu] dogs and canes

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 02:39:55 UTC 2015

Hi Jack, just seeing this.  We're home now.  Nova was a little
freaked out by all the canes, too.  I just tried to talk softly
to her all the time, telling her what a good girl she was, and
encouraging her to keep walking.  Her biggest issue was other
dogs.  She was always wanting to pull over to visit.  Who knows?
We might have come across each other.

One suggestion for next time, and I did try to do this as much as
I could, but it was more difficult, as my husband and I were at
the Clarion.  That is, give your dog some breaks.  Go to your
room and just give him some down time; play with him a bit.  This
will relax him, and you too maybe.  Sometimes we would find a
semi quiet place to sit and just be together.  A friend of mine
also got an extra key to her room and we would go there sometimes
too just to give Nova a time out.  It's hard to do with a busy
convention schedule, but I decided a long time ago that if my dog
was stressed out, it was worth giving her time to settle down and
relax a little.  Before I came to NFB, I was in ACB and have been
going to conventions on and off since 1981.    Peace,    Debby
and Nova