[nagdu] The NFB got vote correct on ownership.

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 02:40:07 UTC 2015

Howard, although ow applaud you for your attitude, dogs are
valued at around $60'000.  That would be about half the cost of a
house in some places in the U.S.  Since 70% of blind people are
unemployed, it is unlikely that many people would be able to pay
the full cost of receiving a dog.  So most of us would have to
raise funds as individuals to get dogs, which would be worse, in
my opinion.  Then I'd know personally the people who made my dog
possible and they would stand in judgement of me, or whatever.
No, as flawed as the system is, I'll stick to what we have now.
Debby and Nova P.S.  Also, remember that the average working life
of a dog is seven to ten years.  So every seven to ten years, you
would have to begin fund raising.  And most of us don't have
particularly wealthy friends.