[nagdu] Switching foods

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Mon Jul 13 11:58:19 UTC 2015

Daryl,

I have switched food both ways.  I generally try to do it a bit gradually,
over 2 to 4 days.  I think a week is recommended, but I have never done it
that gradually.  There have been times when I've switched directly from one
food to another.  I had two foods in a row be recalled several years ago.  I
couldn't get more of the same food because of the recall and I was not
excited about continuing with the food, not knowing if it was safe.   I
don't remember any huge problems either way.   There may be some changes in
relieving patterns and output, but nothing extreme.

I don't know much about protein sources and allergies, but I'd stay away
from whole eggs if she shouldn't have chicken.  I don't see any problem with
whole eggs themselves, but it is chicken after all..unless it's duck eggs or
something, but usually if it just says eggs it's chicken.   I think there's
a chicken and egg joke in there somewhere? *smile*

Julie
Courage to Dare: A Blind Woman's Quest to Train her Own Guide Dog is now
available! Get the book here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QXZSMOC