[nagdu] lots and lots of very overweight dogs.

Sonja O sohldag at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 13 17:51:49 UTC 2015

Often times service animals, who are working for the disabled community are unfortunately overweight for many reasons.
Many disabled handlers don't have the physical nor the monetary sources to exercise the dog to provide a balanced lifestyle.
It's not just a challenge for the vision impaired community.
I have to pull myself together everyday to provide the appropriate exercise and playtime for my service dog. It's really challenging at times, but he thanks me with excellent health and weight and a balanced temperament and really good work ethics.
Having a disability and a working dog is not always easy, even though those dogs give us more freedom, independence and enhance life quality on several levels.
I wish there was some understanding in the social network to help out on keeping the dogs fit and healthy or even an organization, which could provide daily exercise for our furry partners for very little money or just voluntarily.
It's very strenuous to do service dog work for a dog. Doing it overweight is even more strenuous and harmful.
Yes, it's important and so essential to bring up this subject and to keep our working partners fit <3
Best to you all, sonja and chief

Sent from my iPhone