[nagdu] Go Fund Me

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 18:42:36 UTC 2015

I can assure you that if I had to go raise my own money to get a guide dog,
I would very soon forget the idea of having one. I would have to do it about
every ten years, and it would bother me to do it. With the schools acquiring
the donors, I don't have to put myself out there all alone to beg for money.
I think it is difficult to have to do that, and I feel for those who have
to. I wouldn't be willing to do it, but it does make for an interesting
topic. Would there be less abuse of animals, or is there really that much in
the first place? Schools who give ownership and those who don't get calls
about it, and often it is perceived abuse and not real at all. Would there
be less If we had to raise our own funds, or would less people do it. How
many would feel as I do? There are people who do go to get a dog on the
advice of others even though they have never even had a dog. One woman I met
had never seen a puppy. Some of them are afraid of dogs or don't like them.
The dogs eventually win them over, but they surely would not be willing to
raise funds even if all of their friends were advising them to get dogs.
This would definitely be a means to screen.

Cindy Lou