[nagdu] Go Fund Me

Danielle Sykora dsykora29 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 21:00:15 UTC 2015

This is an interesting concept. If I had to fundraise for a program
trained dog, I would probably opt to owner train instead. If I was
going to expend that much time and energy trying to convince people to
make donations, I'd rather put that effort toward locating and
training a dog myself. I am confident in my knowledge of dogs and
ability to train. Not everyone has such a desire to train dogs though.
I definitely think less people would be acquiring dogs because not
everyone would be willing/able to find enough donors.

It is true that many handlers of non-guiding service dogs are required
to fundraise. Different types of service dogs require different
amounts of training however. The more complicated the training, the
longer it takes and therefore the more money it costs. Guide dogs have
some of the most advanced training requirements of any service dogs,
so they have one of, if not the highest, cost. Just something worth
thinking about...

Danielle, Thai, and Bonnie (GDF puppy in training)