[nagdu] dogs and canes

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 00:17:33 UTC 2015

the thing I don't understand is why there is any reason to raise your
cane up off the ground while using it. Why do so many cane users
prefer to tap-tap rather than gliding their cane over the floor?
Tapping sure helps other people know where a cane user is, that's for
sure. But while that thing is in the air, it's practically a weapon.
Gliding the cane is far more considerate of people and working dogs.

That tapping technique annoys me to no end, and I can't rely on that
method anyway because I prefer to use a folding cane with the rolling
ball tip. So if I did any tapping, I'd be replacing cane tips up the
wall.
--
Raven
Founder of 1AM Editing & Research

You are valuable because of your potential, not because of what you
have or what you do.

Naturally-reared guide dogs
https://groups.google.com/d/forum/nrguidedogs