[nagdu] lots and lots of very overweight dogs.

Tami Jarvis tami at poodlemutt.com
Wed Jul 15 16:33:36 UTC 2015

Debby,

I'd bet she's still doing some growing and has yet to start filling out,
though that should begin to change soon. Unless her ribs are really
jutting out or she's showing other symptoms, there's probably nothing to
worry about. If she's energetic and playful and her coat is healthy, I
think you can shrug off some ribbiness still at her age and give her
time to bulk up a bit then settle in to a stable metabolism.

I'm wishing these days that youngsters would consult reliable growth
charts since it's time to get Loki his first harness, and I have no idea
what size he is going to be... I felt like a real dunce talking to a
local leather worker this week, since I had no clue how much adjustment
he should build in. And what about handle length? Uh... I dunno. He just
finished what I'm hoping is his last major upward spurt, but that
doesn't mean he's done. Well, the advantage of working with someone
local at this point is that we can alter things if we need to then have
a good pattern when I'm ready to spring for a fancy leather dress
harness in the Laveau style I want.

Anyway, Nova may very well still be working up to full skeletal growth,
then have some muscle to add in places so she won't look skinny. That's
my guess, anyway.

Tami