[nagdu] Go Fund Me

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 05:21:36 UTC 2015

It would be a means that would keep poorer folks out.  Even if
people went to sources like Go Fund Me or whatever it is, poorer
people tend to not have good Internet, or not have computers.
And back in the day when I and many of my friends were getting
our first dogs, we were all poor, under-employed, and our
families certainly couldn't have helped much.  Most of my friends
were like me, with either no job, or low-paying jobs.  The
results would have been pitiful.  Whether we always like the way
the schools go about fund raising, they have the know-how to do
it.  Actually Seeing Eye did not do fund raising until the late
1980's.  Their endowment was large enough that they did not have
to, and in fact gave numerous grants for eye research and genetic
research for dogs.  Now the endowment is not as large as it once
was, and they are in the position of the rest of the schools and
has  to raise funds.  It's a tougher world out there for
organizations that are non-profits and that get no government
funding.  (I'm just as glad the schools don't get government
funding, because there would be so many rules and regulations
attached that probably would make no sense and would be stupid.
Well, my tired body is heading for bed.  Going to take Nova out
to park and then bed.    Debby and Nova