[nagdu] Agility

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Jul 17 13:05:54 UTC 2015

Hi Bryan.
I don't see any problems being created by his guide learning agility.
People who do it say it increases their dog's self-confidence, and brings
dog and handler into a closer partnership.  It would also give his young dog
a way to burn off excess energy.  If his dog started guiding him into
tunnels and up ladders, well, he knows how to correct and say "not now".
Though I think that's pretty unlikely.
I know a person who does field dog work with her guide, retrieving birds,
basically, and it hasn't harmed her dog's work at all.  It gives him a
chance to express his golden-ness.

Julie, thanks.  I'll pass it on.
Tracy