[nagdu] Something Different, Where to get a Dalmatian Dog?

The Pawpower Pack pawpower4me at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 19:11:14 UTC 2015

Danielle,
I have wanted a Dal as a guide for years so have done quite a bit of research.
Firstly, if it is important to you that your dog be hearing, you want a breeder who does BAER— Bilateral, Auditory Evoked Response testing done on your pup.  This test will let you know if your Dal is hearing, Deaf, or a Uni— deaf in one ear, hearing in the other.
You will want a breeder who motitors their dogs for bladder and kidney issues as Dals are very prone to crystals or stones.  You will want to monitor your dal's urine's ph level with the same test strips diabetics use.
Females are less worrysome in this regard as the hole to their urithra is larger and can pass crystals easier.  For male Dals, this can be an issue.
You will not want to get a Dal from a backyard breeder. You will want a breeder that does health testing.
Dals are very smart, but they have A LOT of energy. They were bred to run aside carriages and can run for miles without tiring, so they have high exercise needs.
Good luck!

 Rox and the kitchen Bitches:
Mill'E, Laveau, Soleil
Pawpower4me at gmail.com