[nagdu] Water

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Sat Jul 18 15:59:02 UTC 2015

Monty went through a phase where he was drinking what I thought was a lot.
I started measuring  his water and was alarmed to find out he was drinking
12 cups a day.  Then the first thing they do at the vet was to weigh him and
he had lost 10 pounds.   I was panicking.  The vet ran about every test he
had available.  Everything came back fine.  The vet said that the 12 cups
was on the high side of normal, but still okay.  Monty drank a lot for a few
more days, then dropped back to a normal amount.  He's picked up most of the
lost weight.  No clue what caused it, but he's fine. Of course I feel like a
nut at the vet because he looks healthy, acts healthy and it feels like you
are over reacting.  Ironically my husband was reading me the posters in the
waiting room.  One was on aging and to bring your dog in right away if they
start drinking lots of water or lose weight.

Julie
Sport guide harnesses still available!  send inquiries to:
julielj at neb.rr.com
Courage to Dare: A Blind Woman's Quest to Train her Own Guide Dog is now
available! Get the book here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QXZSMOC