[nagdu] lots and lots of very overweight dogs.

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 00:14:08 UTC 2015

You are right, and even retired service dogs.  I can get Nova out
and about, but not Lamar.  If I knew someone close to me who
would like to take a dog for a walk, even for a few dollars, it
would be great for him.  He's such a gentle, sweet boy.  I truly
love him and hate to see him so fat.  A lot of this happened to
him while I was away for nearly a year.  My mother-in-law
especially, who was suffering from dementia, fed him a lot.  Even
when I was there, I couldn't always stop her, and even if I did,
the reaction was sometimes so terrible.  Dealing with someone
with dementia is different than with many other people.
Sometimes she really thought that Lamar was her dog.  And my
husband isn't always good about not giving Lamar treats.  He
doesn't give Nova any because he knows I'd be very angry.  I'm
trying very much to get Craig not to feed Lamar stuff anymore,
but it's difficult, especially since he's retired.    Debby and
Nova