[nagdu] Let me make it clear

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 00:14:15 UTC 2015

Marianne, I truly do not believe that ownership or not makes much
difference in whether someone is going to abuse a dog or not.
What does concern me is this.  I knew of someone who got two dogs
from a school (where ownership was not offered).  Both dogs were
not treated well.  Then he got two dogs from Seeing Eye.  I was
appalled, and told people at TSE that I was.  My opinion didn't
matter, of course.  Even though I lived in the same town and saw
the dogs.  I saw a beautiful German Shepherd (ears perked, tail
wagging).  Within two months that dog lay growling when you came
near it.  I believe it did go to court, and the judge did not
allow the dog to be taken.  Then this person went to Pilot.  At
this point, I was not in much contact with that dog, but was told
by reliable people that that dog didn't fare well, either.  The
last time I knew of him having a dog, he got one privately
trained.  I can't figure out why he got a second chance EVER at
having a second dog.  If the schools have confidentiality rules,
they should at least be able to share with each other.  If a
school knows that a dog was abused, shouldn't there be some kind
of policy that they would let the second school know? I don't
know, maybe that's asking way too much.  I just know that I
really really hate the thought of what happened to those dogs.
Debby and Nova