[nagdu] Fw: [nfbmi-talk] Fw: guide dog banned from church bus

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Mon Jul 20 19:23:23 UTC 2015

This is a history/government lesson.  We did not "let" religious
organizations do anything.  According to the 1st amendment of our
constitution, Congress shall enact no laws that restrict freedom of
religion.  Our Supreme Court has interpreted that to mean government
cannot require religious organizations to abide by most of the laws of
this country.  Religious organizations do not have to make buildings
accessible, allow service animals into any religious services...  I,
like you, would hope religious organizations would embrace us, but
they are not required to abide by the ADA.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053