[nagdu] teaching retrieving without encouraging scavenging

Jenine Stanley jeninems at wowway.com
Tue Jul 21 23:32:12 UTC 2015

Viviana,

Actually schools stopped teaching fetch because teaching a forced fetch is quite harsh for the dog and human and many graduates ended up not really using it well enough to make the time investment pay off.

Now service dog programs teach fetch via the clicker but that takes a lot longer.
Jenine Stanley
jeninems at wowway.com

http://www.twitter.com/jeninems