[nagdu] teaching retrieving without encouraging scavenging

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 18:45:31 UTC 2015

When we had fetch with the dogs at TSE, one day Jet grabbed a cookie off a
tray that was sitting across the arms of two chairs. Why why why? Anyway, we
would put our hand under the chin and say, "out." I did this; the dog
dropped the cookie into my hand. Now I didn't know whether to correct her
for taking it or praise her for giving it. I think this is the only time
something like that happened.

Cindy