[nagdu] Wanted: opinions about guide dogs

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 02:52:34 UTC 2015

Michaela, you will probably get lots of opinions.  First of all,
regarding which school to go to.  Those of us who have received
dogs from particular schools will have our own biases, often
thinking that the school we went to is the best.  (Smile).  There
are approximately 13 schools in the U.S.  Some give ownership of
the dog unconditionally upon graduation, some do not.  As far as
breeds go, I'm not sure what to suggest.  You may want to go on
the Internet and look at the various programs.  If you decide on
a couple of schools, call them to see if they can give you
current information, and also make sure that you find out  what
breeds each program offers.  The schools themselves will be able
to help you with determining the size of your dog.    Debby