[nagdu] Fingers crossed

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Jul 31 15:27:06 UTC 2015

Hi Abigail.
Good luck with class!
As for settling, I think doing their job helps settle a new dog.  And
keeping a regular schedule for a while, as best you can.  And staying calm
and positive.
As for speeding up the bonding process, I don't think there's much you can
do.  Just relax and let it happen.  Ever meet anyone who's anxious to be
your best pal, right now?  It's a bit off-putting.  Your dog will bond to
you in its own time.  Some do right away, and some need to get used to you
for a while, but, so long as you feed the dog, pet it, and play with it when
it wants to, it will happen.  Just relax and enjoy it, as best you can.
Class can be stressful.  Hope yours goes well.
Tracy