[nagdu] Ear cleaning techniques.

Danielle Antoine singingmywayin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 01:16:11 UTC 2015

Hello Deanna,
I use the method your vet suggested but never to overflowing. I would
squirt a large drop in equal to about three single drops and then
massage the ear canal. This is the method Seeing Eye teaches. Then,
after gently massaging  wipe out the excess fluid with a cosmetic pad
and let them shake out the rest. I always smell it too to make sure
everything smells normal because as you know a bad smell is the
telltale sign  of infection. Well that is the one and only method I
have been taught and that is what I use. None of my dogs minded, but I
would call your school and talk to them about Mambo's timidness though
I suspect they know since you had a little trouble during training.

I didn't know a baby wipe is okay to use inside the ears. I would be a
little concerned because even when babies get diaper rash it burns
their butt. Tammy, I like Xay. She's a smart one. Debby, haha. I'm
glad you mentioned sniffing in between cleanings. I find this helpful
to catch infection early and yes I have put a small amount on the swab
too but prefer first method better. I really don't understand the
waste everyone is experiencing since you point the tip end of the
bottle directly into the ear after pulling the flap back if you have
anything but a shepherd and open it up.

HTH,

Danielle