[nagdu] Barking at Other Dogs

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 05:01:01 UTC 2015

I'm glad someone from your school will come out and work with
you.  The thing I do is try to keep Nova focused on me, mostly by
being very verbal with her, and correcting when I know she is
absolutely looking at the dog and not paying attention to me.
And I try to just keep moving.  What I was told is that one of
the important things is to try and keep your dog from making eye
contact with the other dog.  If they get in to a staring match,
that's when trouble can really start.  I've never used treats
with dog distractions, so I can't really comment on that.  Best
of luck!    Debby and Nova