[nagdu] Flat curbs

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Thu Jun 11 17:50:49 UTC 2015

We have a couple of flat curbs downtown.  I always have to pattern my dogs
to stop there.  After I show them what I want, they do fine.  Just to be
clear, I'm not talking about your typical blended curb.  Those are very
common and my dogs do fine, as I expect most others dogs do.  What I think
of when people say a flat curb is a vast expanse of cement with no curb of
any variety anywhere near the corner.  There is one corner downtown that is
parking lot nearly to the street.  To the best of my knowledge there is no
color change, except for some long ago painted lines.   With no color
change, no elevation change, no grass edging or even a sign post  it is
difficult to know where the sidewalk ends and the street begins.

Julie