[nagdu] Dog in the work place?

Daryl Marie crazymusician at shaw.ca
Sat Jun 13 00:57:37 UTC 2015

Hi, guys! For those of you I spoke to on twitter or FB about this, sorry for the repeat!
I have a bit of a sticky situation that I would like some advice on.
I've worked at the same office for a year and a half, and everyone has been super supportive of Jenny and I, even as we've struggled with Jenn's barking
issue this spring. But there is a coworker who is deathly afraid of dogs. She is so terrified that when I started working here, she asked that her cubicle
be moved from beside mine to the far side of the office. I must add here that I have never once felt disrespected by her, that I am not a valued part of
the team, or that Jenny herself is disrespected (she makes it a point to ask how Jenny and I are doing). Our company's CEO is coming for a site visit early
next week, and we are having a staff meeting for about an hour at most (something that happens 2-3 times a year). My boss asked that I leave Jenny at my desk during
the meeting, because even if Jenny is laying down across the room, this particular coworker is still terrified of her.
I have unintentionally left Jenny at my desk for moderate periods when I slipped in to someone's office and we got sidetracked chatting, so I don't worry
about her being alone (I figure I can give her a bone and keep her occupied while I am gone).
I don't want to act like this is the biggest deal in the world (which it isn't), but I don't want to treat this like it's nothing, either. I don't want
to be the difficult one who takes the dog into the meeting for no other reason than because I can, when in fact the meeting is only 50 feet away and she wouldn't
be guiding me there anyway.
Thoughts?

Thanks,
Daryl