[nagdu] Allergies and Dog Foods Dog

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 02:03:09 UTC 2015

Sandra,
The gimmick here is processed food of any kind. The kind of food you
are talking about that is measured out in cups and comes in bags with
ingredient lists is not the food I suggest anyone feed their dog. I
agree that slapping all-natural or 100% natural on something doesn't
make it healthy. Heck, it doesn't make it natural.
The food I suggest people feed their dogs is whole food with one
ingredient--whole chicken, whole rabbit, pork shoulder roast, mutton
pieces, organ meats, and whole animal parts. That is the natural food
I am talking about. Something you can find in nature and have to kill
or harvest. Food that has not been crafted in a laboratory and loaded
with synthetic nutrients and additives that your dog's body only
processes as foreign substances. Food that comes with fur, feathers,
skin, dirt, and blood in the package.
Also, complete and balanced is a gimmick. There is not ever any meal
you could eat that is complete and balanced in one serving. Balance is
something that happens over time. Just think, when you feed yourself
or other people, do you mess around with calculations of this and that
nutrient? Or, do you simply strive to feed a healthy meal, and eat a
diet wide in variety? The ladder choice is how you achieve balance.
The bags of kibble do not even contain servings that are complete and
balanced. How would that be possible? How can they know that each
serving contains x mgs of this vitamin and this many grams of protein
and so on? They can't. They just mix that stuff up, cook it, package
it, and call it good.
And a calorie is not a calorie across the board. A calorie of protein
is different from a calorie of sugar is different from a calorie of
fat. Caloric content is nowhere nearly as important as nutritional
content. A food can be high in calories, but the real question should
be "Where are those calories coming from?", not "how many are there?"
And your vet will not tell you this unless they practice alternative
medicine. Unfortunately, conventional veterinarians are pumped with
falsified educational material, brought to you by Hills, Mars, or
insert big time dog food company here. In addition, vets and medical
doctors are not educated in nutrition. These people are trained in the
business of marketing and treating and preventing illness. Throw this
packaged food or this prescription at this condition. So long as these
junk dog food companies are providing scholarships, complimentary
vacations, and financial support for practices, the majority of vets
in this country will be sorely miseducated about proper nutrition, and
pass there miseducation onto desperate, vulnerable, and unsuspecting
pet owners..
But I will not blame the vets. Our health and our dogs' health are our
responsibility. And it is our responsibility  to educate ourselves. No
matter what you feed your dog or yourself, you should be confident in
that choice, and believe that that food is the best food for your
dog's health. Research everything you put into and use on your and
your dog's body. I beg everyone to educate themselves so they do not
fall victim to the insanity of dealing with allergies, behavioral
issues, or any other chronic condition which results from a systemic
imbalance.
Everything on the internet isn't true. There are a million different
sources saying a million different things. But always ask yourself:
What makes sense to me? What makes the most logical sense?
What makes the most sense to me is that the healthiest food is whole
food. No one in a laboratory or factory can make food that's healthier
for my dog than my local farmer who feeds his animals grasses and
let's them roam the pasture and get exposed to fresh air and sunshine.
What makes sense to me is that we all have an immune system, and the
wellness of my dog's immune system dictates the overall wellness
of his body.
What makes the most sense to me is that I don't need a degree to feed
myself or anyone else, so I don't need a degree to feed my dog. I have
learned that dogs are canines, canines are carnivores, and therefore,
dogs are carnivores. Carnivores eat raw flesh, bone, and organs, and
so that is the best possible food for my dog.
I am not condemning anyone. I was there at one time. I fed kibble
because that was all I knew to do. It is not wrong to do the only
thing you know. What is wrong is that people are not being taught to
question everything and to educate themselves. Research, research,
research! I don't expect everyone to live the way I live, or feed
their dogs the way I feed mine. But I want to encourage everyone to
learn about their dog food. Learn about where it comes from, how it
was made, what ingredients were included, where those ingredients came
from, who made it, and what was their agenda. Can you call them and
talk to them and ask them questions and get honest answers about the
food? Can you drop in and see the place where the food is made? Can
you verify their sources of ingredients? Do they believe that the food
is the healthiest, most immune-supporting food for a dog?
I can call the farmers who raise and kill my dog's food. I know what
those animals eat, about their living conditions, and whether or not
they are exposed to antibiotics, hormones, or GMO feed.
I don't fault anyone for following their veterinarians advice. But
there must come a point where you realize that your dog's health is
not improving, and so the vet's approach is not the right one.
My vet ridiculed and judged me up the wall when I told  her that I
decided to naturally-rear my golden. But when I asked her: "Where were
all these opinions when my dog was sick?" She had nothing to say.
These people think they have all the answers when you're doing
something they disagree with. But when I was in and out of that vet's
office, feeding the packaged cereal, rubbing on the pesticides, and
giving the lethal injections, they wanted to say well try this med and
this med and this med, and it's just environmental allergies, or food
allergies, or whatever the new excuse was that week. But I could not
get a straight answer out of the three different vets I consulted.
Because they didn't know. They don't know how to promote health. If
they did, the insanity of allergies, auto-immune diseases, cancers,
and organ malfunctions would not be the widespread problem it is
today. The new pandemic is disease itself, and everyone is accepting
that this is okay and normal, and it's just the environment, so take
this med and deal with it.
I propose an experiment to everyone to ask their vets "how do I
promote health?" Their answer shouldn't include anything about
preventing disease or sickness, because if you promote health, you
don't have to worry about all the different things that can go wrong.
If you focus on health, there is no need to worry about disease.
--
Raven
You are valuable because of your potential, not because of what you

Naturally-reared guide dogs
https://groups.google.com/d/forum/nrguidedogs

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nagdu_nfbnet.org/ravend729%40gmail.c