[nagdu] Dog in the work place?

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 02:28:24 UTC 2015

I have to admit that there was a time when I was terrified of
strange dogs.  I was fine with my dog, and once I got to know
friends' dogs I was okay, but if I walked down the street and a
dog barked at me, or I went to someone's house and they barked at
me, I'd be hiding.  I'm ashamed to say this, but once on a walk
with friends, I jumped behind a pregnant woman because there was
a dog that barked at us.  Not very nice.  I did get help though,
because someone I really respected at Seeing Eye told me that if
I didn't deal with it it would affect the dog I had at the time,
and maybe future dogs.  There is therapy that can be done to
alleviate this fear.  I don't even want to go back to figure out
WHY I was so afraid of dogs, I'm just happy that it worked.  I
share this just so you know Daryl, that she could do something
about this if she wanted to.  If I were your boss, I'd be telling
her that she needed to.  You shouldn't be the one made to feel
like you should leave your dog, or whatever because she is
fearful.  Anyway, I'll get off my soap box, but it's terrible to
have such a fear that it gets in the way of living.    Debby and
Nova