[nagdu] Checking out a new vet

S L Johnson SLJohnson25 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 15 17:10:44 UTC 2015

Hi Tracy:

I have done the same thing.  I just started taking Eva to a new vet that is
only a mile from my house rather than the one ten miles away and very
expensive cab fares.  So far I've had two visits with the new vet and am
very pleased.  My old vet has a very large practice with two office
locations, several doctors and he had gotten very expensive.  The new vet is
two woman vets, and two technicians and one receptionist.  It feels much
more personal.  My old vet's office was so busy that they tended to rush the
appointments.  The new vet takes her time and it is much moor relaxed for
both me and my dog.  Do you feel the care the new vet gave your dog is as
good as your old vet?  If so, then changing might be a good idea.  You could
always try the new vet for a while and see how it goes.  If you are
satisfied, then you can inform the old vet of your decision to use the vet
closer to your home.  That is what I am doing.  I have written a letter to
my old vet thanking them for giving my guide dogs such excellent care.   I
explained that due to transportation issues, I had decided to use the new
vet closer to my home.  I also felt the closer vet would be better in an
emergency.  Hopefully they will understand.  Good luck making your decision.

Sandra and Eva