[nagdu] Would I ever give up having a dog?

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 23:03:34 UTC 2015

As long as I can care for a dog, I'm having a dog. I have committed my
life to working with dogs, training them and caring for them, and I
wouldn't trade it for anything. There will be hard times, frustrating
times, and heartbreaking moments, but none of that could ever outshine
what my dog means to me and how dogs make me feel. Those moments only
strengthen me, our relationship, and relationships I will form with
dogs up the road. When you get through those tough times, it's all
worth it.

The Golden Guy has changed my life. Not only was he a motivator for me
to be more independent, but he put me on the path to natural living,
and also to working with dogs. I love going to a job where I am
surrounded by dogs, in constant contact with them, and I get to
educate people about caring for them.

Also, I don't think it's improper to say a guide dog is a better
mobility aid than a cane. It's like saying a car is a better mode of
transport than a bike. Each tool has its strengths and weaknesses, but
when you consider which tool has more capabilities and features, only
one comes out on top. It's my opinion; I'll take bullets for it.
--
Raven
Founder of 1AM Editing & Research

You are valuable because of your potential, not because of what you
have or what you do.

Naturally-reared guide dogs
https://groups.google.com/d/forum/nrguidedogs