[nagdu] Signed up by family?

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Jun 19 16:59:46 UTC 2015

Hi Minh.
I respectfully disagree, but perhaps the loved ones we each have in mind are
different.  I think my husband would benefit from having a guide dog, and I
think he'd do well with one, but he says he's not interested.  Trying to
nudge him along would just annoy him and make him dig in his heels.  The
most I can do is point out ways my dog helps me, or ways it would help in
some situation, and even that I'd better not keep harping on.  I strongly
believe it's a choice a person has to make himself.  Family and friends can
advise and encourage, but that's it.

The GDB newsletter is PR, and I'm sure it's not entirely accurate, but I
think we have every right to expect even PR to treat us as intelligent
adults who can and do make decisions for ourselves. I understand that a
school might feel some sloppiness is needed, but they can go too far, and
then we should speak up, or at least point it out.  JMO.
Tracy