[nagdu] Calming down, job stuff

Daryl Marie crazymusician at shaw.ca
Fri Jun 19 17:15:30 UTC 2015

Hi, guys,
Thanks for your previous pointers about calming down with Jenny. She's settled some over the past couple of days, after a totally brutal day on Wednesday.  Here's what I posted on Facebook this morning:

Jenny is such an intuitive dog, and I have been so stressed since the layoff that she's picked up on it and become incredibly edgy herself.  I wondered if I would be too emotional and edgy to take Jenny with me to the office this morning to pick up my things, sign papers, and turn in my key card.  I am SO glad I brought her with me. She got to see some of her favourite people, even got to have hallway races as a distraction while I cleaned out my cubicle.  The walk home was MUCH more settled than she has been over the past few days, and I feel like I have my dog back :)
The only part that made me nearly come unglued was when she kept trying to turn in to my boss' empty office, like she and I did nearly every morning for a year and a half... he's gone, too, and Jenny didn't seem to understand why I kept redirecting her away from there.
So while today I feel a bit up and down, moments of clarity, moments of relief, moments of joy, moments of sadness, I feel the most hopeful that I have in the past four days, both about my employment prospects and my guide herself.

Daryl