[nagdu] Dog Parks

The Pawpower Pack pawpower4me at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 00:27:39 UTC 2015

Hi Elise,
You are going to get as many opinions on this as there are handlers.
First of all the most important question is, does your dog have a good recall in high distraction environments?  Is she friendly and does she play well with other dogs?
If yes, then I'd say go for it.  I have been taking my dogs to dog parks for the last 15 plus years.  It is great fun for the dog and gives her a chance to make friends and run her energy out.
I still have not taken Soleil to a dog park though because we are still working on her off leash recall, and it's not where I think it should be before I will allow her at a dog park.  I did it once and will not do it again until she earns it.
But that aside, I think dog parks are fantastic!

 Rox and the kitchen Bitches:
Mill'E, Laveau, Soleil
Pawpower4me at gmail.com
Sent from my iPhone