[nagdu] Broken nail?

Daryl Marie crazymusician at shaw.ca
Sun Jun 21 03:20:30 UTC 2015

Hi, guys,

Over the past couple of days, I have noticed that jenny has been walking slowly, occasionally awkwardly - normally she pulls like a freight train or just walks at my pace. I wasn't quite sure why, and was a bit worried... and this afternoon happened to notice that one of her nails on her back right paw is cracked. It looks like the entire front bottom of the nail is gone.

Any thoughts on this?  There is no blood, and she does seem to be able to put weight on it (running seems better than walking for her).  I've cleaned it up, just in case, but any other advice? I'm sure some of you guys have seen this...

I've seen minor cracked nails (just the outer layer), but nothing like this...

Daryl