[nagdu] Handlers in San Diego

Jennifer Woods jem4ever at icloud.com
Sun Jun 21 05:25:56 UTC 2015

Hi,
Are there any handlers that live in San Diego,California area whose dogs don't mind toddlers with some energy? Maybe you even have a toddler of your own?
I ask because I'm going to be getting a Guide Dog sometime beginning of next year and I want to start introducing my son to an actual working Guide Dog so that he can realize and hopefully start to understand that a Guide Dog has time when it's working and can't be distracted because it's working as mommy's eyes and needs to pay attention and work with mommy to keep the 3 of us safe. Then there times when it is "off" and it's ok to play with it.
He sometimes tries to help avoid things and will randomly say to me " Uh oh Mommy we need to move" I won't know why he's saying that until my cane hits the obstacles.
Of course I do not EVER rely on my 3  and a half year old to tell me about obstacles, this is just something that he has done on his own at random times after I think he realized I couldn't see the obstacles in front of me.

Thanks
Warmly,
Jennifer