[nagdu] using a tie down

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Sun Jun 21 17:56:49 UTC 2015

Thanks to all of you!  I use a crate for Jetta, when I'm not at home, or
overnight or when she needs a break from the rest of us.  She is completely
trustworthy in the house.  She does not steal food or get into things, so no
worries on that front.  There are two issues I'm having with her, both
related to Monty.

First my boy has taught Jetta the fine art of barking, except she really
took the lessons to heart.  Monty only barks a few times and then quits,
coming to me as I taught him.  That's fine, I don't mind a small bit of
barking.  Jetta is getting a bit carried away with it though.

The second issue is that Monty is getting older and is slowing down.  He
still likes to romp and play, but not as much as Jetta does.   He gets
tired, but Jetta still wants to play and will badger him.    I was thinking
that a tie down might work to address both of these issues.  She could have
more freedom than in a crate, be able to have her toys and interact somewhat
with the people in the house.  However the tie down would allow Monty the
ability to get away from her if he doesn't want to play.  The tie down would
also keep her from the front door and window where most of the barking
occurs.

So what do you all think?  Does this seem a reasonable solution until she
learns some higher level self control?   Any other suggestions?

Julie