[nagdu] Strange incidents

S L Johnson SLJohnson25 at comcast.net
Sun Jun 21 22:52:26 UTC 2015

Hello:

This evening I had a strange experience with Eva.  It has happened twice
before but, it is not her usual behavior.  I live in a senior housing
development with duplex houses.  My home is in a circle with a large pond
behind our back yards.  We were sitting on my back patio.  Eva was on her
thirty-foot tie-out wondering around the yard watching the ducks and birds
in the pond.  Suddenly Eva started barking, growling  and jumping.  She is
very playful but this is not a happy play bark.  For some reason when this
lady passes by our yard, Eva becomes very agitated.  She will bark, growl,
jump and run from me to the lady.  When I call Eva, , she will come close to
me.  When I reach down, I can feel the tension in her, her rapid heartbeat
and heavy panting.  Obviously this lady is doing something that causes a
great deal of stress and anxiety for Eva.  I tried talking to the lady with
no results.  It seems that the lady has some kind of mental problem.  I can
tell by the sound of her voice and her responses to my instructions to leave
Eva alone and stay out of my yard.  I know I can mention this to the
landlord and manager but, I have no way of identifying the crazy lady.  I
want to enjoy my back yard without putting Eva at risk.  I am renting and we
are not allowed to put up a fence.  As I said, Eva is usually extremely
friendly.  It is very unusual to see protectiveness in golden.  I’d
appreciate hearing thoughts and suggestions.

Sandra and Eva