[nagdu] {Disarmed} Your Travel Through Orlando Airport

Sherry Gomes sherriola at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 12:23:10 UTC 2015

I have a fused knee, an artificial knee and two artificial hips. Needless to
say, I do set off the alarm. So I don't bother to have my dog sit and wait,
go through on my own and then call her to me. What's the point when I'm
going to set it off anyway? I also have to be patted down, and my dog gets
checked out too. I don't have to take my shoes off, it would be extremely
difficult for me, so then they examine my shoes and do some tests for
explosives. I have grown to hate flying because it's such a hassle for me.
The Denver airport has the x-ray things, the ones you stand in, and I love
those, but you can't use those easily if you are traveling alone with a dog,
because there's nobody to hold onto the dog, and it isn't the TSA agent's
responsibility. Also, for those traveling through Portland, I know GDB takes
the Oregon classes through security during class, because I had to do it
last year when I trained with Petunia. I didn't want to do it because I've
flown with dogs so many times, and because my routine is so different from
the average student. So, for anyone flying through Portland with a guide
dog, if you have trouble with TSA, you should definitely ask for a
supervisor. Well, anyone having trouble with TSA should if they can, but I
know the Portland agents are supposed to be well trained at least in dealing
with passengers traveling with service dogs.

Sherry