[nagdu] {Disarmed} Your Travel Through Orlando Airport

Janice Toothman janice.toothman at verizon.net
Tue Jun 23 00:15:03 UTC 2015

Hi Marsha,
As a Deaf-Blind guide dog user with mobility issues I have had
difficulty at airport TSA security.

Since I also use an FM system that my dad would wear to assist me
through airport that feeds directly into my hearing aids, I am
continually frustrated by the TSA workers who require me to place my
assistive Listening Device, even when I explain the purpose of it and
that I am Deaf-Blind I still must remove it.

I also have a nebulizer for my asthma, which one type my dad informed me
they tried to take apart.  I have numerous medications, some that need
refrigeration that have to be declared.  Plus due to medical condition I
have to carry pureed food that sometimes excedes the 3oz limitation for
carry-on.

Because I can't hear, I do not know where to go and they usually do not
want to come close enough for me to hear them.  It is frustrating and
annoying.  Then it takes awhile to assemble everything back and to make
sure that I have not lost any crucial piece of technology.
Janice