[nagdu] the public and dog breeds

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 13:28:11 UTC 2015

I had an interesting conversation with a lady today.  I was
sitting on a bench waiting for my bus to arrive.  She commented
that I had a beautiful dog.  I said thank you.  Then she said, "I
want a service dog, but the money for training is quite a lot".
I asked her what her disability was.  (Probably not politically
correct).  Anyway, she said, "Oh, I mean, I want a companion
dog." She said that her German Shepherd was 8 months.  I told her
that it wasn't too early to work on basics, like sit, heel, down,
etc.  She said that he pulled her out the door and down the steps
of her apartment, and she almost fell down.  I told her that she
needed to work on heeling the dog.  Her bus came then and she
left, but she did thank me.  Here I am, not a trainer at all,
telling this lady the things she could teach her German Shepherd.
Lol.    Debby and Nova