[nagdu] Defiant poodles running away from corrections

Kerri Stovall spedangel84 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 17:59:27 UTC 2015

Hi all,  Danielle, thank you for your reply. I do have 2 crates, one for each dog, mine and my hubby's poodle too, but they are the metal wire ones. And yes, they do quiet down if we bang the top peoplenoortion of the grate, the thing is though, the crates are in our bedroom because we have furniture lining every wall of the living area, so there's not a convenient place to put them in the open living room that we know of at this time. However, I could  put her in the crate for a few moments when she does bark, and yes, I have thought also about going back to being on leash with her by my side 100 percent of the time, or 99 at least. lol. I also have a tie down in the livingroom where we have a 36 inch dog bed, just enough for the two dogs to lie comfortably on the bed together, and the tie downs are far enough apart not to tangle, and we'd never leave them unattended there, we'd leave them in the crates if we ever had to go anywhere alone without them, but we'd try not to do that either. lol. So I think the best approach is what you all have suggested, distract her with obedience exercises or a game of some sort to occupy her mind and focus it somewhere else other than the doorbell or the air conditioner coming on, lol. I think all of you had a good angle on how to approach it and they are all worth the good college try. Thank you all for posting.  Kerri and Sadie

Sent from my iPhone