[nagdu] Any experiences with diets that work in dogs with LPE?

Danielle Sykora dsykora29 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 18:28:30 UTC 2015

My dog has never had any serious digestive issues so I can't speak
from personal experience. Even so, I agree with Raven's suggestions. I
feed my dog both Grandma Lucy's and Great Life. Freeze-dried foods
generally have significantly fewer ingredients as well as being
relatively high in protein and nutrients. Because of this, it might be
a good fit for a dog with digestive problems. Great Life is the only
kibble I personally would consider feeding my dog. Because the kibble
contains freeze-dried ingredients, it is generally higher in nutrients
than most kibble. Combine this with the fact that there aren't any
fillers such as grain or potato and you will find that you need to
feed less kibble to your dog as compared with most other brands.
Having to process less food could reduce the strain on the digestive
system. I order both Grandma Lucy's and Great Life on chewy.com so I
don't worry about the lack of availability of these products in
stores.

Danielle, Thai, and Bonnie (GDF puppy in training)