[nagdu] Important lesson learned. Dogs cannot be trusted.

Abigail Bolling violingirl30794 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 01:39:47 UTC 2015

My girl has an interesting way of displaying her separation anxiety!
Mainly, getting into things that she's not supposed to and making me make her throw up. Yes guys, I am talking a lot of food.
She decided on Friday, when I left her at home with my roommate, to jump on my dining room table and eat a lot of big busy bones, which I give her for treats.as if that wasn't enough, she decided to eat a chocolate brownie cliff bar, that my boyfriend had left also sitting on the table.unfortunately, the simple protein bar contained a lot of cocoa powder.as if that wasn't enough, she decided to finish off half a bag of Dove milk chocolate!
Moral to the story? My girl cannot be trusted in the apartment!we had been working on the table being a no zone. And that she was not even to try to look up at the top. Obviously, that did not work.

I had to take her to the 24 hour vet hospital, and spend upwards of $200 so they could make her throw up. I didn't have any hydrogen peroxide in the apartment, and the baking soda water idea did not work. My dog has a stomach made of steel.of course she had to do this the night before the trainer was supposed to visit us for her barking issue. The trainer suggested to me that even though I had been working with her for three years, there are some things that I should never do with any dog in the future. Mainly, leave them unattended for a period of time in the apartment.i'm sharing this, because I feel like it was a good lesson for me and I wanted to pass it on. No matter how long you have worked with dogs, or have worked with your particular dog right now, they are unpredictable little boogers, and like to get into trouble. I swear, my dog is more toddler then she is dog.seriously, she acts like a two-year-old! :-)
Hopefully your pups never get into chocolate and you guys don't have to pay to learn this lesson that I had to learn. :-) I wish you all the best, and I hope your puppies are loving to eat their dog food in not trying to get into things they shouldn't! :-)

Abigail Bolling
"Keep a smile on your face and a song in your heart, and just let the music play." (Julie Anderson Diamond)