[nagdu] Fw: Proposed Act Regarding Service Dogs from the state of Maine.

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Mon Mar 2 14:05:43 UTC 2015

Bridget,

	As yo state in your message, guide dogs are not the only service dogs. Furthermore, how a dog is evaluated is not the issue here, as a dog may be evaluated before it leaves the program and within a year be completely out of control. The key element of a service dog is its training and control. The DOJ has already asserted that no documentation or  certification can be required as a condition of access. Furthermore, no state may enforce a law that is more restrictive than federal law. This law restricts the rights of the disabled more than federal law and is, therefore, unenforceable. We will make sure it doesn't see the light of day!

Fraternally yours,
Marion Gwizdala