[nagdu] Important lesson learned. Dogs cannot be trusted.

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 22:48:12 UTC 2015

Tracy, dogs are dogs, and even if you think that you have
house-proofed your dog, things happen.  So I guess my advice is
to do a lot of both-work on changing behavior but also do dog
proofing.  Dogs are dogs, just like children are children.  We
had strict rules in our house about not playing with my dad's
guns.  But they were also locked away so that we could not easily
get at them.  I once left some heartworm pills out.  They were
the kind that dogs like because they are like treats.  My dog ate
six of them.  I'm sure he knew better, but it was still my
responsibility for leaving them where he could easily get to
them.  So I think it's both and.  His fault for doing something
he knew was not acceptable to me, (he even acted guilty), and my
fault for leaving them out.  Better safe than sorry, as my
grandmother used to say.    Peace,    Debby with Neena