[nagdu] Paying for what my dog takes

Star Gazer pickrellrebecca at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 17:17:16 UTC 2015

I'll try again.
What if Julie (just using you as an example here) has a store. I go in with
my dog and Julie for whatever reason doesn't like dogs, doesn't like me,
wants a fight, whatever. What if my dog sniffs a bannanna and Julie thinks
"That dog is trained, it shouldn't have done that". Julie tells me I need to
leave because "that dog harmed merchandise". Who would decide what actually
happened?
Maybe I've watched too much Judge Judy, but people lie all the time. Who
would sort out what happened in a misbehaving dog type scenario? Would it be
a civil or criminal matter. Would the regular court system handle it?
I think what I'm saying is that we already have legal processes for people
to resolve their disputes. Why do we need more or extra because someone uses
a service dog? Businesses probably know full well they can ask anybody to
leave. If they can manage a business, then they do know their rights and
responsibilities even if they don't want to admit it. I don't understand why
anything more is needed.