[nagdu] Krokus learns his place

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Wed Mar 4 19:25:41 UTC 2015

A trainer came out a while back to help me with some problems with Krokus,
including his house manners.  One of the things he suggested was to declare
a spot in the kitchen where Krokus can lie out of the way but still be
monitored.  I've been working diligently on this, making him go to his spot
whenever I'm doing things in the kitchen, giving him a treat, and making him
rest.  If he gets up, I take him back to his spot and remind him to rest.
It's worked well, keeping him away from where I'm preparing food and keeping
him out of trouble.  And today, he went straight to his spot without me
telling him and flopped down to rest.  I told him what a good boy he is, and
came over with a high-value treat.  Hooray for Krokus!

Tracy