[nagdu] condo associations

Michael Hingson mike at michaelhingson.com
Sun Mar 8 21:35:45 UTC 2015

Hi Sheila,

There are two issues here.  First involves the relieving harness.  It would
appear as if you need to find out why it isn't working for you.  I live in
an apartment complex and choose not to use the relieving harness.  I pick up
after Africa and Fantasia whenever we go out and they leave something
needing to be removed.  I am sure sometimes I may miss something, but I do
work hard to make sure we do not leave messes.  If you can't find out why
the harness is not working you may have to go back to the old fashion
method, (grin).

Second, I think you might consider writing a letter to the association
telling them how you relieve the dogs and telling members that you are
working on the problem.  In the letter you might state your disappointment
that the other members of the association had not come to you before lodging
complaints and that you were not invited to the meeting.  Be sure to project
an image of wanting to be part of the association and all problems it has
including fixing the relieving issue.  Invite people to come talk with you
about their concerns, but do not act less than any other resident.  You do
not need to apologize for your guides, but only accept responsibility for
wanting to do what is right to solve the relief issue.

I hope this helps.

Best,

Michael Hingson
Vice President, NAGDU