[nagdu] Guide Dog School

Nimer Jaber nimerjaber1 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 00:15:58 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I am in the process of comparing different guide dog programs. Things
that concern me would be ownership policies, quality of training program
measured by successful partnerships, length of training, the breeds of
dogs used, and follow-up services.  Is there an updated resource that
compares the various schools?  Is there a representative of any of the
guide dog schools that would be willing to speak to me about their
programs?  How has your experience been with the individual school you
have attended?  What is the amount of time that I should expect to wait
until being accepted into a training program?

thanks all for any and all assistance.  I have attended a school in the
past, however I am not pleased with the direction the school is going,
and I am not pleased with the follow-up since my last dog retired in
December.

Thanks.