[nagdu] Guide Dog School

Debby Phillips semisweetdebby at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 02:03:46 UTC 2015

Hi, Nimer, all I can share is my experience with The Seeing Eye.
I do not know what their wait time for a first time dog from them
is.  I believe they have shortened class times a little, we used
to arrive on Saturday, now we arrive on Monday.  I'm not sure I
like the 2 less days, though we certainly got in all the
requirements.  I'm not sure what part of the country you are
from.  Because Seeing Eye is on the East Coast, sometimes follow
up is faster than for us on the West Coast.  I had a wonderful
instructor, who had trained my dog, and the class supervisors are
experienced instructors.  You own your dog upon graduation.  At
Seeing Eye you are asked to pay a small amount, $150 for the
first dog, $50 for dogs after that.  I hope this helps.  I'm not
familiar with other schools, as I have never been anywhere else.
There was a book written about the various schools, but it is
outdated.  If I can be of further help, reply to me privately.
I'm sure that others will be able to answer questions about their
school.    Peace,    Debby and Neena