[nagdu] Guide Dog School

Marianne Denning marianne at denningweb.com
Wed Mar 11 01:03:09 UTC 2015

Helga, you have to decide if it is critical that the school sign the
dog over to you when you complete the training. If they don't they
will require annual health reports until you take ownership of the
dog.  That is usually 1 to 2 years.  As far as retiring the dog when
it is 11, they might take the harness away from you at that point.
Leader Dogs requires that I return the harness when I retire any of my
dogs.  You should ask Southeastern these questions.  Also, who knows
what the rules will be when your dog turns 11.  That would probably be
about 9 to 9.5 years so I wouldn't be too concerned about that right
now.  If Southeastern is where you want to go then do it. Most of us
will tell you our school is the best and that is where you should go.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053