[nagdu] Guide Dog School

Raven Tolliver ravend729 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 15:32:20 UTC 2015

Do any of the schools that relinquish ownership offer veterinary
financial assistance? This is one of the reasons I chose GEB. From
what I learned at the time I was applying to guide dog programs, GDF
and GDA did not offer veterinary financial assistance. I did not apply
to Pilot or the Seeing Eye for various reasons.
I understand completely why ownership is important to many. It just
wasn't important to me at the time. And GEB is very lax with their
graduates, so I don't worry about ownership now.
Because of various things I have learned while having a guide dog, I
would like to raise and train my next guide dog, or at least hire
someone privately to do some of the training. There is not a school
out there that does things the way I want, so having complete input
and control of the rearing and training of my next dog will be more
responsibility, but more beneficial in the end.
--
Raven
You are valuable because of your potential, not because of what you

Naturally-reared guide dogs
https://groups.google.com/d/forum/nrguidedogs